The risk factors for developing ED can include the following:
- Age over 60;
- Cardiovascular disease (heart disease);
- High cholesterol;
- Drinking large amounts of alcohol;
- Using of recreational drugs;
- Stress, depression, other psychiatric diseases.
1. A healthy nervous system that conducts nerve impulses in the brain and penis.
2. Healthy arteries.
3. Healthy smooth muscles and fibrous tissues.
4. The necessary amount of nitric oxide in the penis.
If any of these necessary things goes wrong or does not work properly, an erection will not occur.